James, Kelly and Emma were invited to City of London School for Girls to help them educate the children about oral health care.
They spent the afternoon with 8 & 9 years old's teaching them how to look after their mouths and about healthy eating. We were supported by Peppersmith and the children had free samples of Tingz, their latest sugar free Xylitol containing mints.
Bow Lane won an Innovation 360 grant from the dental charity Heart Your Smile to provide oral health packs to further reinforce the importance message about good oral health.
The children had a quiz at the end:
- What does a Dentist do?
- What does a Hygienist do?
- What age does your first tooth usually drop out?
- How many teeth do adult humans have?
- How often should you see your dentist?
- Why should you not share your toothbrush?
- How much toothpaste should you use?
- What are the sharp pointy teeth called?
- What do you do if you have an accident and knock out an adult tooth?
Hopefully you all know the answers, but if not ask the Bow Lane team when you next see them.
It was great fun for the children and the Bow Lane Team. Having a healthy mouth is all about education and the younger we can start the better. Bow Lane loves to help its local community and hope to replicate this visit to all schools in our neighbourhood.