If you’re currently working from home and are no longer commuting into the city for…
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We have been providing telephone and video consultations over the past 10 weeks but we realise that not all dental emergencies can be managed with antibiotics and pain killers. Some of you have not been able to access the NHS urgent care centres or they have been unable to treat your emergency.
We are recommencing emergency and urgent care for our patients on 1st June, with the introduction of all dental care on 8th June.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team.
Before attending the practice:
• You will only be seen if you have updated your medical history 48 hours before
• Our team will carry out a pre-attendance assessment on the phone
• We would recommend that patients in high-risk and extremely high-risk groups delay non-essential dental treatment for as long as possible until the trend of the pandemic becomes clear. To find out whether you are in a higher or very high-risk group please see the link
• When travelling to the practice, we would recommend that you limit your close contact with other members of the public as far as possible. If you are able to drive or be driven and picked up by somebody with whom you live, this would be ideal. Alternatively, walk or cycle to Bow Lane.
• Please attend alone if possible (unless a child or vulnerable adult).
• Try not bring any unnecessary bags or belongings with you. Any bags/phones will be put into a closed box in the surgery.
• Please attend punctually at the time of your appointment and avoid waiting in the practice unnecessarily. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
• Visit the bathroom when arriving at Bow Lane, you will have access to the usual toilet facilities but with enhanced cleaning regime it would really help us if you only used the hand basin.
• We will attempt to complete treatments to avoid second visits and to reduce your travel.
Arriving at the practice:
• Your temperature will be taken (contactless). Should this be above the normal range, then we will ask to re-schedule your appointment.
• We will ask you to hand sanitise, pre-rinse with an anti-COVID disinfecting oral rinse for 30 secs and will give you your own face mask to wear on attendance to protect you and us.
• Our team is going to be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE). Behind the mask, eye-wear, face shield and gown are the same friendly people you have trusted with your dental care in the past.
• Seating in the reception area is limited and has been arranged for your safety. It also complies with the Government’s social distancing guidelines.
• No cash payments will be accepted. Payment is accepted by credit card, debit card via Chip and Pin, via Apple or Android pay or BACS / bank transfer prior to the appointment.
• All future appointments will be made and confirmed by email or telephone to limit your time spent at reception.
Despite the screen and enhanced PPE, you will still see our comforting smiling faces.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call us on 020 7236 3600.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
Author: James Goolnik
Categories: Dental news, Dental treatment, Uncategorised
Tags: coronavirus, coronavirus pandemic, covid 19, dental care, dentistry, dentistry world, emergency dentist, emergency dentistry, global pandemic, online consultations, pandemic, teledentistry, telemedicine, telephone consultation, video consultation
"Amazing! Been coming here for years, never had anything but great experiences"
"This is a truly excellent and professional dental surgery - by far the best I've found"
"Bow Lane have been looking after my teeth for ten years, I wouldn't go anywhere else"
"Undeniably the best dentistry in the City. I've received fantastic service from here"